Skip to main content

The First Adventure

That's not a complaint, merely an observation. I'm using this to keep track of my own adventures in the desolate forest (eyðimǫrk in Old Norse, ødemark in modern Danish) in the northern part of the state. It makes for good family time, both with my in-laws as well as with my own family. It is a good opportunity to get away from divisive politics and social media, and into the deep woods where I can learn new and useful skills: knots, bushcraft, archery, smithing, etc. Ya know, the stuff that really matters when we get EMP'd. The first weekend up, we cleaned up a meadow full of star thistle and poison oak, found some relics of an old abandoned settlement, and cleaned up the Gypsy Camp a little. We cleared paths and set down some trail markers. We've also started developing a map of the area. Next up is an exploration to the Forest Edge Outpost area and lay down some platforms for new cabins.

Comments